Monday, February 8, 2010

Random things and updates....

Well...it's almost 4 o'clock on Monday afternoon, and I still haven't heard from the hospital about the job. I am assuming that I wasn't chosen for it. And that's fine. I had decided not to take the job if it was offered anyway. But I still wish they would have called and told me I wasn't chosen, like they said they would...... Anywho... I went to a few doctor's offices Friday afternoon and left my resume and I picked up some applications at other random places. If someone hires me, yay, and if they don't, I'll keep trying. I just really didn't want to work that shift at the hospital and I didn't see where it would benefit us, as a family, other than financially. And some may agree with me when I say this...but money is not everything! So, I'll just keep praying about it...

Resolutions...I said on my old blog that I would keep y'all updated on how my progress was. Please give me a moment while I burst with laughter.....BAHAHAHAHA!!!! I told y'all I was not good at keeping my resolutions. But I will go down the list and tell you how things are going. Ok...

  1. Making a chart of chores for every week: I must have misplaced that chart... Haha.
  2. Clean computer area and keep it clean: Umm...it's been straightened up a few times, but it is still a disaster area...
  3. Clean the family car and keep it clean: It's not that bad actually. Never really was, but Mr. Right can been a little OCD about it at times, so that's why I said I would do this resolution. And like I said, it's not that bad...
  4. Going to church and developing a better and closer relationship with God: I can actually say that I am somewhat sticking to this one. We are going to a great church. The people there make us feel so welcome and it's just wonderful. We finally attended a Sunday School class yesterday and it was really great. We also enjoy the preaching. Brother D preaches so you can understand it and I really like that. I want to be able to get something out of it and I feel like I am. So, I'm happy to say that I am sticking to this one!
  5. Get out of debt and save some money: Umm... not going so well right now. I did figure up that my car should be (and can be) paid off within 12 months though! That is exciting! Hopefully, if or when I find a job, the majority of my income will go to savings.... We'll see.
  6. Stop taking naps with Sweet Pea: I am doing better with this. I do lay back down with her in the morning after we eat breakfast. Well, she sleeps in her crib and I sleep in the big bed. But that is the only nap I take now. I try to at least get the dishes washed while she is napping. But now I just need to work on not getting on the computer while she is napping and do more cleaning.
  7. And the ever-so-dreaded losing weight...: Again, let me take a moment to burst with laughter...BAHAHAHA! Ok, I'm done. Yeah......not going so well. I am still at the same weight...not eating any healthier and not exercising... But hopefully that will change soon. We are thinking about getting an elliptical or treadmill. Don't know for sure yet. And I need to find a Chocolate Eaters Anonymous meeting to attend... ;-)

So, that's my progress on that. Not too good... Out of 7 resolutions, I have had some progress with 2 of them. That's pitiful. Oh well... This is why I didn't want to make them this year. Maybe I've learned my lesson and won't make any next year... We'll see...

Moving along... This is probably going to be the last time I talk about this topic (hopefully)... Sweet Pea's sleeping issues are sooo much better now. I gave the Ferber method another try after my last post about it and she knows now that when I put her in her crib, it is sleepy time. For the most part at nap time, she won't even so much as whimper. She just rolls on her side and goes to sleep. And at night time, she may fuss a little when I first lay her down, but I don't have to go back in there but maybe once or twice to lay her back down, give her the paci, and she is out like a light! So...I can't complain!!

Date night... I am sooo looking forward to Saturday night!!! Mr. Right and I haven't been on a date in over a month! I think we are overdue!!! We are signed up at Sips n Strokes in Tuscaloosa for their Valentine's Date Night. Couples are supposed to paint together on one canvas. I don't think it is anything specific....just special dates, quotes, bible verses and stuff like that. I'm super excited! I love to paint but I'm not creative enough to come up with my own stuff. So I think this is going to be really fun. I don't know if Mr. Right is as excited as I am (probably not) but I told him he could pick something he wanted to do that day also. He has yet to tell me what he wants to do...

That's all for now...I think. I'll be doing a post on Sweet Pea this coming Sunday because she will be 10 months old! WOW!

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)