Well today (Tuesday) was a busy day for us! I had plans to go meet with my friend Emily so she could show me all about the Creative Memories stuff that she sells. She has a precious little girl, Leila, that is a few months older than Sweet Pea, so we made it a play date also. This was Sweet Pea's first play date, and she had a blast! I was kind of nervous about how she would act around another baby because she hasn't ever really been around any. She's always been around adults. But she did fine. The only real problem was...she does this thing where she is maybe trying to tickle your face…I don’t know how to explain it really…?? But she ends up scratching you in the process. Anyway....if you are a mother, you know how those little nails are SHARP! Well, I worried about her scratching Leila's face, and she tried a few times but I had to tell her "No no!" I don’t think she realizes that it hurts and that she shouldn’t do it, but I just have to keep telling her not to do it until she learns… And she kept trying to pull up on Leila to stand up, but Leila would fall down when she would do this. So, I had to tell her "No no, don't pull up on Leila." But all in all, she behaved well for her first play date! Hope to have more in the future! (And I forgot to ask Emily if she had a problem with me posting a picture of the girls playing, so that’s why there isn’t one….)
Before we went to Emily's, I met my mother to have lunch. She wanted to take me out to eat to celebrate a specific day that comes around once a year... A day that I don't like anymore because the number keeps getting higher and higher every year. Yep...my birthday is coming up in a couple of days. Blah...... Anywho...we went to Kobe (Japanese restaurant).
Neither one of us had ever been before. We didn't know what to expect. But it was ok. Not great. But ok... First we started off with this watery stuff that was supposed to be soup?!?!
It had some kind of white stuff floating in it and one slice of a mushroom and I guess some chives in it. It was very bland tasting. Sweet Pea seemed to like it though.... Haha. Then we had salad. It was lettuce and dressing. The dressing looked like thousand island, but it definately was NOT thousand island! They also gave us this same dressing with our entree. I didn't use it though.
My mom and I both ordered the Filet Mignon (it was cut up). It was served with rice and veggies. It was pretty good. I enjoyed watching the chef cook the food. Sweet Pea enjoyed it also! Her eyes got so big when the chef set the grill on fire and it whooshed up really high! (Sorry the quality of the pictures is not great…..good ole iPhone…)
She was getting so excited watching the man cook! You can tell from the blurriness from all the movement and clapping she was doing! Haha.
Yum!
My fortune cookie: Do not dwell on differences with a loved one- try to compromise. Interesting………….
Nana (my mom) and Sweet Pea! (I made sure to get a picture of them this time since I hardly ever get pictures of my mom!)
And this is a horrible picture of me but oh well… Sweet Pea was fascinated by the fish in the pond inside the restaurant. It was pretty…didn’t get a picture of it though…
Then we went to Cold Stone Creamery! My favorite place!!! I got my usual—cake batter ice cream (chocolate cake batter when it is available) with brownie and caramel. YUM-MO! I guess I was too worried about devouring my delicious ice cream that I didn’t take a picture of it! But I did take a picture of my sweet girl! She really liked the cake batter ice cream! That’s my girl! Ha!
And her funny face she was making! Too cute!
This picture was actually taken a couple of days ago, but oh well. It is funny to me. She just loves that moose on Nick JR. She will stop whatever she is doing when he comes on the tv. It’s so funny. He was singing one of his songs and she just stopped and sat up and watched like there was nothing else in the world that mattered at that moment. I even tried to call her name a few times and she totally ignored me. (And please pay no attention to the hot mess that is my entertainment center!! I actually have the paint for it sitting in the kitchen right now. I just have to make time to paint it. And I also plan on decluttering it when I paint it. Oh and those 5,378 cords that are NOT baby proof…..I bought zip ties the other day to fix that problem also. Again, just have to make time to do these things!)
And I decided to be silly and put her pants on her head tonight. She didn’t like it too much…. She immediately tried to pull them off.
And even pulled them over her face and got stuck…Haha
And look at her standing like a big girl!
Again….she is getting so big! She is actually taking steps as of yesterday! I’m so excited! But I’m also not sure if I’m ready for a toddler….. I have a feeling with the rate she is going, she will be walking in less than 2 weeks. I’ll keep you posted!
We also stopped to see my best friend, Maranda, while she was working, but I failed to get a picture then… I was just so ready to get home and relax. Oh well…..next time.


















Fun day! Get ready-to be exhausted. Once they get on the move it is never ending..you get such a work out just chasing them everywhere!!!
ReplyDeleteProbably Wonton soup.... not very good, but fried wontons are AMAZING! Especially the meat ones (as opposed to cheese or crab).
ReplyDeleteShe's getting so big!
What a BUSY day!! Loved the pic of her looking up at the TV and with her pants over her head!
ReplyDeleteDG is gonna be jealous of that pic of Sweet Pea's silly face!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the pics, especially the ones with the pans on her head...those could be black mail one day! =)
I knew she would be walking soon! Precious baby :) She's just getting so big... give her hugs and kisses from her aunt and uncle!
ReplyDelete