I'm normally a fall/winter person. Fall is my favorite time of year. Second is winter. Then spring. Then summer. I'm not a big fan of summer because of the heat and humidity down here in the south. I sometimes think I'm a yankee trapped in the south...with a southern accent. Anyway...
I'm kinda looking forward to spring and summer though. Here are some of the reasons...
- It will make it easier going on outings with my child. Right now, if we go out somewhere, I have to put a jacket on her and then her car seat straps are too tight. And then when I take the time to let them out a little (which is a pain in my rear), we get a warm spell for a few days... Then I don't have to put a jacket on her and all that jazz and then the car seat straps are too loose.... Frustrating... So, I'm just ready to not have to bundle her up when we go somewhere.
- I'm tired of having to put pants on her every day. She is very short for her age (just like me!) so every pair of pants are too long for her and she is constantly walking on her pants when she is cruising around the living room and when she crawls, you can't even see her feet because they are so far up in her pants. It's kinda funny, but I just feel bad for her.
- This goes along with the one above... I'm ready to just let her wear a onesie all the time while we are at home because those things look soooo comfy! Can I get some of those in my size?? Haha!
- I'm ready to let her play outside!!!!!! I personally don't mind being inside all day, especially in the warmer months (because I hate to sweat and I hate bugs and stuff...) but I think she gets stir crazy in here. I can already tell she is going to love being outside. When we go outside to the mail box or walk over to Maw Maw's, as soon as we get back inside, and I close the door, she starts throwing a fit!!! And if I open the door again and let her look outside, she instantly stops crying. *sigh* At least I will have a decent tan this summer...
- I'm ready to be able to get out and walk or jog without freezing my butt off. I don't do this very often to begin with, but I really need to lose some weight!!! I am still about 10 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. I was already overweight before I got pregnant, so I really don't want to be this big when I have my next baby. I would like to lose at least 50 pounds before we start trying for another baby. So, I really need it to warm up so Sweet Pea and I can go walking!!!!
- I'm ready to dress Sweet Pea in her spring/summer clothes! One good thing about the warmer months is the cute clothes!!!! I just love all of them!! I'm ready for rompers, sun dresses, flip flops, sandals, swimsuits... She's going to be precious! Can't wait!
- And last but not least, I'm ready for her birthday! It's in April. She will be a year old. It's so hard to believe. I'm ready for it but also not ready for it in a way too. She's growing up so fast and she isn't going to be a baby much longer. It's sad, but exciting too.
Anyway... Those are some of the reasons I'm ready for spring/summer. I'm sure I could think of a few others, but oh well... That's all that comes to mind right now.


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)