Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I can't do it...

Ok, maybe I'm not strong enough.  Maybe I'm just weak.  I just can't do it.  I can't let my baby cry.  I've tried this Ferber thing for the past couple of nights, and the first night was easy.  Last night, she fell asleep in my arms immediately after she had her bottle, so there was no crying until about 8:30 or 9ish when she woke up.  She only cried for a very short while, but I was standing next to the crib soothing her and singing to her.  So, she went back to sleep shortly after.  But tonight I gave in and got her out of the crib and laid her bed with me and rocked her and sang to her.  I just put her back in her crib a few minutes ago.  I just can't do it.  It just breaks my heart to hear her cry.  So, if I am still rocking her and letting her fall asleep with me and then putting her in her own bed when she is 10 years old (or older)...so be it...  My baby is going to know she is loved.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)