Ok… It’s obvious that I have a toddler that likes to get in to everything. She does NOT like to be confined at all. We put the play pen up the other day because we haven’t used it in a while and it was just taking up space. Sweet Pea got to where she was screaming bloody murder when we would put her in it. And she is starting to do the same thing with the Jumperoo. (And keep in mind, I have a husband that works midnights and sleeps during the day. I can’t have her screaming like that or else he won’t get any sleep!) She just doesn’t want to be confined…. period!
So… here’s my dilemma… I don’t feel like getting a shower first thing in the morning. I’m still tired and just don’t feel like it. Call me lazy… whatever… But if I decide I need to go somewhere like Wal-Mart or the grocery store at some point in the day… I want to take a shower before I go so I don’t look like straight up white trash. (Twice recently, I have avoided people I know in stores because I went looking like crap and I have vowed that I am not leaving the house like that any more!)
But the problem is… I can’t get a shower and just let Sweet Pea roam around the house! She is in to everything…all the time!! I literally feel like I can’t blink sometimes! When do the terrible two’s start?? In their second year of life, or when they actually turn 2??? Anyway. I’m not going to interrupt the hubs’ sleep for him to watch her. And I’m afraid to put her in her crib because 1) she will throw a fit and wake Mr. R up, and 2) I’m afraid she will somehow climb out or jump out of it and hurt herself (even though it is lowered).
Today we had to go get milk because we were almost out. (And I wanted to buy more pacifiers because we keep losing them.) So, I got a few toys and brought them in the bathroom and closed the door. I made sure the plugs were covered and I got in the shower. I was hoping she would just play with her toys….. or empty a box of tampons… You know… just anything to keep her entertained while I shower! But no. She decides that she wants to pull back the shower curtain (the entire time I’m showering) and try to climb in the shower with me. Therefore….she got soaked! I was so frustrated!! I just don’t know what to do with this kid.
So anyway… I told Mr. R that from now on, when he gets home from work…. I’m just going to go ahead and get my lazy butt up and get a shower while he feeds Sweet Pea. Then he can have his breakfast and go on to bed. And if I need to go to town at any point during the day, I will have already taken my shower so I don’t have to worry about what to do with Sweet Pea.
Problem solved….. not the way I wanted it solved, but oh well. We can’t always have things the way we want them!
(And no, I can’t shower while she naps because the kid thinks that I have to lay down with her in order for her to go to sleep at nap time…. Another post another day….)


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)