Friday, May 7, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Baby Names

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner 

I’ve never participated in Kelly’s SUYL, but you all know how I love some baby names!!! 

Anyway.  We picked Sweet Pea’s name the night before we had my gender ultrasound.  I told Mr. Right that I wanted to have the names picked out before we went in because from that moment on, I wanted to call the baby his/her name!

We went back and forth between a few different names…  And finally came up with…

Vivia.nne Gr.ace

How did we come up with this name, you ask?

Vivian is my mother’s name… my oldest sister’s name…. and Mr. Right’s grandmother’s name (Maw Maw).  And Anne is my other older sister’s (who I never met because she died from SIDS before I was ever born) middle name… and it’s my aunt’s middle name.  But we (and I mostly mean ME because Mr. Right didn’t care either way…haha) wanted to make it her own name….  So, we added the NE and gave it a different pronunciation..  It is pronounced Vivi-Anne.  Very southern, I think!  :-)  And I also loved the name from Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood…  (Viviane Abbott Walker).  And Grace was just a name that we both really liked.  And the only problem with it now is that it is such a popular name!!!  I mean, I didn’t know hardly anyone with a child named Grace when we picked this name out.  But, after she was born… it seemed like every where I turned there was another baby girl named such-and-such Grace.  So… she will probably be 1 of 15 other Grace’s in her class…..  *sigh*  Oh well.  I still like the name.

And this is going to sound awful of me… but I don’t even remember the full boy name we picked out.  I guess when we found out it was a girl, everything else went out the window!  Haha!

But I do remember that Kadin was the first name…  And I remember that Brice was one of my favorite boy names (still is)… but I don’t remember if that is what we agreed on… 

Kadin was what Mr. Right picked out.  I liked it ok… but it wasn’t my favorite…  Brice was just something different and something I had never heard… and still haven’t… YET!  Haha!  Anyway.  We will keep Brice in mind for our next child (when ever the time comes), but not Kadin.  I’m vetoing it because there are too many Kadin’s… and Aiden’s… and Jayden’s… and Hayden’s…..etc…  I want something different!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)