Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Beached whale…

Ok, so…  I bought a swimsuit from Target the other day without trying it on.  Big mistake…  I had Sweet Pea with me, and if you have children, you understand why I didn’t take the time to try it on.

Well…  I took it back yesterday and tried on a few different ones since I had Mr. Right with me to watch Sweet Pea.  (They went to the toy section…  Ha!)

My idea of a perfect swimsuit is…   Black or another solid color…  I don’t want some crazy print that is going to make me stick out like a sore thumb!  I already feel like I look like a beached whale!!  Haha.  Or if it does have a print, I want it to be subtle…  I also want a tankini or a one piece with a little skirt like thing, but it can’t be too long.  (I want it to be long enough to cover the bikini area because I have a few stretch marks there and I don’t want people seeing them.  But it can’t be too long because my legs are short and I don’t want to look like I’m wearing a dress.)

So, how hard is it to find my idea of a perfect swimsuit???  Not too hard.  But the problem is…  I don’t want to pay an arm and a leg for a swimsuit…. something I’m only going to wear a few times this year.  (And hopefully I won’t be able to fit it next year… meaning, I want to be waaaaay smaller next year…)

I found a few really cute suits that I liked.  Until I looked at the price. 

I’m sorry, but I’m not paying more than $50 for a swimsuit.  I really don’t want to even pay that… but I know that swimsuits aren’t exactly cheap either way…  And if you have to buy in plus sizes (like me) they really aren’t cheap!!!  More material= more money…  Ugh!  Another reason I need to lose this weight!!!

Anyway…  I found a cute suit on the Motherhood Maternity site last night (no, I’m not pregnant… They just have cute suits and I remember when I used to work there that they were affordable.)  It was on sale for $14.99!!!  They actually have two at that price. 

So… I have to go to Tuscaloosa on Tuesday… and I’m going to run by the mall and see if they have it and try it on…. and possibly buy it if I like it!

So… wish me luck!!  Because swimsuit shopping is not on my list of fun things to do….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)