This is me and my sweet baby girl Mother’s Day 2010!
If I thought about it before now, I would have got my disks out to see if I even have a picture of us from last year. But oh well. Maybe when I have more time I’ll look for one.
Anywho… Sunday morning, Sweet Pea and I got up at 4:30ish to drive and hour to pick up Mr. Right from work. He had worked 30something hours straight (pretty much) and I didn’t want him driving home Sunday morning on no sleep. Dangerous!!! So, we got up bright and early and went to pick him up. We get down there only to find out that he was on a late call, so he didn’t get off at 6am… like he was supposed to! Joys of being a cop… So, we rode around for a bit while he finished up. We got home too late to get ready for the early service at church, so we went back to bed. We decided not to try to go to the 11:00 service. I knew Sweet Pea more than likely was not going to get a nap that afternoon, because we had everyone coming over to Maw Maw’s for lunch and I knew she would be too wired up to take an afternoon nap. So, we took a long morning nap.
We got up about 11ish and I started getting my deviled eggs ready. My house smelled just lovely… Haha! I had to cut up pickles because I didn’t have any relish. Sweet Pea was standing at my feet begging for food, as usual… (as if she is starving or something!), so I gave her a pickle. I didn’t know if she would like it because of the sour taste, but I thought I would give it a try. (Keep in mind, when she was 6 months old, I let her taste a pickle at the Fall Festival, and she loved it). Well, she loved the pickle! That’s my girl!!! :-) I handed it to her and she just walked off sucking on it. So cute!
[I know she looks like she is on her way to play basketball or something in this tank and shorts. Haha! I bought a few tanks and shorts from Wal-Mart the other day (in the GIRL section) because I am tired of her having a farmer’s tan on her arms. I didn’t know the set was going to look so boyish on her… So, I am thinking about taking the tanks and getting her name or initials monogrammed on it so it will look a little more girly. (And I think I should have bought a size smaller… She is so petite!!!) Anyway… they were bought for play clothes anyway, so it doesn’t really matter. I just wanted to explain that…]
I thought this face (below) was funny. She was kind of making the sour face. Haha!
We had lunch next door at Maw Maw and Paw Paw’s. It was yummy!
Paw Paw and Randy
Maw Maw putting the glasses on the horse.
She didn’t like Heather having those glasses on. She wanted to play with them!
Alice and Alan
My silly husband…
I made him take another with him smiling right… ;-)
Jerome posing… I told him I was going to take this picture and put it on one of those singles dating websites and find him a woman! Haha!
Heather and Michael
Maw Maw, Alice, and Alan.
Sweet Pea saw Randy walk in the room with food and she immediately went up to him and started begging. Haha! She liked the coconut cake (She didn’t actually eat the coconut though. She probably would have spit it out.)
She’s being the life of the party!! As usual… ;-)
She had to get some cake from Alice too.
Heather was trying to clean her up. She was a little sticky…. and not very happy about it!! This child hates for someone to wipe her hands and face after she’s had something to eat. I love the look on Heather’s face in this picture. Haha!
Alan was riding the horse… Ha!… trying to show Sweet Pea what to do.
She decided she just wanted to push it around instead…
And here I am again with my girl (same picture as above).
I just love this girl!!!!!
Only downside to mother’s day was not getting see my own mother… But I talked to her a few times and she knows I love her!!! Thanks for loving me and always being there for me!! I love you Mom!!
Sweet Pea… This is my second mother’s day as your mom. And I have loved every minute of it! Even the times that I’m ready to pull my hair out! Because at those times, I know that seconds later, you are going to do something to put a smile on my face or make me laugh. You bring so much joy to my life and I’m so thankful and blessed to have you! I pray that we will have a special relationship and that you will always be able to talk to me about anything. I love you more than you will ever know and nothing will ever change that.
Love,
Mom



















No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)