Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Weekend (4/24/10) recap…

This is kind of a long one…  But it’s mostly pictures.  Just so you know…

This weekend was somewhat eventful… 

Ok, I already posted about Sweet Pea’s hair cut.  Here are some close ups of her new ‘do (for my records)…

SDC13329

[Had to keep her occupied…give her the remote!  Ha!]

SDC13332

[It’s kind of growing funny in the back…  like to the left…  Weird.]

SDC13334

SDC13337

Saturday, we planned on going to Birmingham to get her big girl car seat.  And we did….  And I felt like a complete idiot for doing so….  Why do you ask??  Because we had “severe weather” stuff going on!  But me being the stubborn, impatient person I am…  I wanted to go get it right then…like I had planned!  To my defense…it didn’t look that bad when we left the house.  So… we left and dropped Sweet Pea off at my MIL’s so we could run to town and get on back before the weather got “bad”.  The rain started pouring real good about the time we were getting in to town.  I was getting a little nervous (and keep in mind that storms, tornados, hurricanes…etc never scared me BEFORE I had a child).  I even asked Mr. Right if we needed to turn around and go home.  He said no, that we might as well go ahead and get what we needed.  So….we went to Babies R Us and bought this…

IMG_1709

…and a few other things that we had been needing.  Like the Diaper Genie refill.  Our house was starting to smell like a poop factory!  Haha!  We got a new kind of sippy cup to try.  I didn’t realize there were SOOOO many different kinds.  Wal-Mart only has like 4 or 5 kinds.  Babies R Us has a whole wall full!  Haha!  So, I bought a new one, and it is a little bit better.  Sweet Pea drank out of it a little.  She still hasn’t got the concept of lifting it up high enough to get the liquid in the spout.  But we are working on it. 

Anyway.  We ran over to Sam’s to get diapers and wipes.  And we skipped the Hobby Lobby trip because we just wanted to get home!

We went back to my MIL’s to get Sweet Pea.  While we were there, I put a G on one of her dresses….now that I figured out how to do it RIGHT and it only took me 6 months to figure it out!!!  I did a few bibs (no picture:-().

IMG_1703

Sweet Pea played peek-a-boo… (First time she has ever done this!  So cute!)

IMG_1704

IMG_1705

IMG_1706

And then we headed home……in this.

IMG_1707

I was freaking out!  I wanted to turn around.  But Mr. Right said to go on…  He said it was fine.  We were fine.  So, I went…  I really just wanted to get in OUR house that is half way built in the ground (for new readers, it was intended to be a basement).  I felt much better when we did get home. (Fyi, yet another lesson learned!  I’m not leaving the house again when there are “severe weather” or tornados predicted!)

IMG_1708

Once we did get home, it was about time to get Sweet Pea ready for bed.  The weather was starting to get bad.  We had James Spann on the TV, because that was all that was on…  Haha!  We were under Tornado Warning after Tornado Warning…  The power went out around 10:30 or 11:00.  So, we went to Sweet Pea’s room in the back of the house.  She was already asleep in her crib.  But she woke up when she heard us.  I put her in the bed with me.  She went back to sleep.  Mr. Right went in the bathroom and opened the window so he could watch the storm and listen for tornados.  I could hear everything outside just being in her bedroom.  I heard, what I thought, was a tornado coming at one point.  Maranda (my BFF) texted me to check on us.  I told her the power was out so she was texting me updates.  She told me that we were under a “tornado emergency”.  I started freaking out.  I felt my mother coming out in me (I’ll explain in another post).  I thought I heard a tornado coming, and Mr. Right informed me that it was just a vehicle.  I didn’t care, I started cleaning out Sweet Pea’s closet and pushing her clothes to the side (my mother coming out in me).  I was seriously about to grab my baby and jump in there!!!  I told Mr. Right that he was going to have to figure out a way to squeeze in!!  I kept hearing stuff, and I kept saying, “DO YOU HEAR THAT?!??!?!”  I am pretty positive now that it was, in fact, a tornado and NOT a vehicle.  It was close by.  Like, less than a couple of miles away, if that.  Thank the Lord, it didn’t come our way.  But it really freaks me out knowing that it was that close and I WAS actually hearing a tornado!!  After it was all over and done, Maranda text me and told me that it looks like we were in the clear now.  What a relief!  We went on to sleep. 

Sunday we woke up to no power…..still….  We had reported it the night before when it went out.  The estimated time for it to be back on was 12:30 AM.  Well…it was 7ish when we got up.  We ended up not going to church that morning for obvious reasons….  No power, no hot water to take showers, etc….  And I really wanted to go to church since we missed last Sunday.  I hate when we miss because I feel like I missing out on hearing something that is MUCH NEEDED!!!  And I wanted to praise the good Lord for keeping us safe!!  (I thanked Him any way, but I wanted to do it in HIS house!) 

Anywho.  We ended up going to MIL’s so we could get showers since she had power.  Maw Maw and Paw Paw came too.  We had a big lunch there.  It was yummy!  Sweet Pea even ate it (see picture below)!!!  She had chicken dumplins, black eyed peas, broccoli and cheese, and macaroni and cheese.  She ate pretty much all of it.  I was so proud!!  This girl likes her soul food!  Haha!

IMG_1719

We just sat around and visited for a little while.  Paw Paw was letting Sweet Pea drink some water out of a cup.  And then he was letting her play in that water….. *sigh*

IMG_1721

Then we headed home because my mom and dad were coming up to see us for a little while.  Sweet Pea likes her new big girl seat!!!  I think I like it too.  And I think Mr. Right likes it because he can sit in the front with me now and doesn’t have to sit in the back with Sweet Pea to keep her entertained.  (I don’t let him drive me.  I hate his driving.  ;-)  And I’m a bit of a control freak…)

IMG_1724

We got home at 4ish.  Still no power.  (Updated estimated time was 4:30PM.)  So… we sat in the yard and let Sweet Pea walk around.  It was nice.  The wind was blowing.  It felt great outside!  She was mocking my dad.  It was really cute!

SDC13339

SDC13340

SDC13341

Daddy and his girl.  She didn’t want to be held.

SDC13344

We fed Sweet Pea supper and then mom and dad left around 7.  We still had no power (updated time was 9:30PM) so we went to town to get some fast food since we had no way of cooking and we didn’t want to open the refrigerator if we didn’t have to.  (Sweet Pea’s milk was in the cooler with ice.)  When we got back home, we had power!  YAY!!  And just in time for Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters!!  Haha!

Monday…  We had originally planned to have Sweet Pea’s (outside) pictures taken on Saturday, but obviously, the weather interfered with that.  So, we rescheduled for Monday.  We woke up this morning.  The sun was shining.  It was nice.  We were going to do the pictures at 4PM, so we ran to town to get groceries and run a few other errands.  Well…  While we were out, it started getting really cloudy and looking like it was going to rain.  The wind was really bad and it was very COOL!  My MIL and PC (the photographer) had talked and decided to move the time up to 3PM.  Ok….  Well we finished up what we needed to do in town and started to head home.  It started raining a little on the way home, so I called MIL and told her that I was going to see about rescheduling it for another day.  I felt that the pictures were not going to be any good because of the wind and I didn’t feel comfortable having my baby out in the cool wind when she was going to be wearing next to nothing in some of her pictures (tutu dress and another picture she was going to be in an old tin wash tub with bubbles).  So, I talked to PC and we rescheduled for Wednesday.  *sigh*  As of right now, the weather is showing sunny and zero chance of rain for Wednesday.  Let’s hope and pray that it stays that way so we can get her 1 year pictures done before she turns 2!  Haha!

Anyway.  I know this post has gone on long enough (that’s what happens when I skip days…)  But I wanted to post these pictures… 

This is Sweet Pea trying to climb over the barricade I have been using for months.  It keeps her in the living room and out of the kitchen.  I have to figure out something else now…  Oh… And I tripped over that stupid barricade Saturday morning for the gazillionth time (another reason I have to figure out something else).  This time, I landed flat on my face…literally.  I am bruised up a little.  And I am seriously wondering if I have a little hairline fracture in my foot from it…  Oh well…  I’ll be fine.

IMG_1711

And the picture below….  No…not baby powder mustache again.  This time it is powdered donuts!  Ha!  She apparently likes them too!

IMG_1714

This is Sweet Pea getting into my purse…  I have to find another place for it.  I usually sit it on the table by the door, but she is always pulling it off and emptying it.  Ahh…kids…  ;-)

IMG_1715

Ok…. I’m done.  Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)