Ok… here’s the deal. I really need to try to plan a little better and not procrastinate so much.
When I won the tutu giveaway and decided on the color of the tutu, I didn’t think about the fact that it would be SOOOOO hard to find stuff to match it for a 1 year old girl birthday party. So that’s my dilemma now… Her birthday outfit is black and teal/turquoise and everything that has Baby’s First Birthday is pink or purple…. So… Her birthday is going to be such a hot mess! Haha!! I know that SHE won’t know the difference (until she looks back on the pictures years and years from now), but I know the difference and it is driving me bonkers!
I’m one of those people that…if I have a pink outfit and a pink bow, but the pink bow isn’t EXACTLY the same color pink as the outfit… It will drive me insane until I can find the EXACT matching pink. I know… I am a little OCD/anal about stuff like that.
So the fact that her birthday outfit isn’t even going to come close to matching the decorations has my blood pressure up just a tad….
Anyway… I bought a Create Your Own Banner kit to make her birthday banner, and it is not the way I wanted it to be. But oh well. It’ll have to do.
I have so much to do this week. I have to clean house BIG TIME!! I was going to go to Birmingham Friday to buy all the decorations and groceries for the party (along with our usual groceries for two weeks), but I think I might go tomorrow and get some of the stuff so I won’t be in such a rush Friday…. I will also be baking about 60 cupcakes Friday, along with Sweet Pea’s smash cake. Yes… I’m making it myself. It will probably look terrible, but I bet it will taste good!!! I just like to do things myself. Oh… and I’m going to be making all the food for the party on Friday too. Needless to say…. DON’T CALL ME OR TEXT ME FRIDAY BECAUSE I WILL NOT HAVE TIME TO TALK! Haha!
I’m getting exhausted just thinking about it…. *Sigh*
So… when I post pictures of the party… don’t think that I’m color blind or that I just have horrible taste. I just didn’t think it through when I decided on the color of the tutu. :-( Either way…she is going to be precious on her birthday and it is going to be FUN! I can’t wait!
P.S. The planning of her 2nd birthday party will begin in January… Yep… 4 1/2 months before hand… And I will plan everything out, check to make sure that I can find all the things I want for decorations, and outfit, and invitations, whatever else, and make sure they all match before I buy them!


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)