Friday we went to Tuscaloosa for some shopping. I was in search of an Easter dress for Miss Sweet Pea. And I found this…
It looks like it is white with blue dots, but it has a very light pink tint to it. Almost like it was washed with a red shirt and it bled on it. It’s very pretty though (and it can be worn more than once because it doesn’t have eggs or bunnies on it). I also found A LOT of other dresses and outfits that I loved, but this one was in our price range and it was just as pretty as any of the others.
We were going to go ahead and get her shoes, but they didn’t have them in her size, so I’m waiting for them to come in. Hopefully before Easter! They look like this…
The white ones… Hopefully she will be able to wear them all summer.
Also, I bought a blue bow to go with her dress…I don’t even know how much it cost because I haven’t looked at the receipt. I’m afraid if I look I’m going to have a stroke because I have been looking up how to make hair bows and watching video tutorials on Youtube…. and I am never buying another bow again!!!!! It is SOOOO easy to make bows! I also really need to learn how to make children’s clothes and learn to smock! Have you seen how much people charge for children’s clothes?!?! Wow……
Anyway…enough on that.
Yesterday, we didn’t do anything really... I cleaned a little…. Sweet Pea went to my MIL’s for a few hours yesterday afternoon. Mr. Right and I went to Home Depot to buy a new door for her room…and I forgot what the measurements were (I blame mommy brain)…so we left empty handed. I was a little irritated. I will remember the measurements next time! Anyway…while we were there, I looked at some of the flowers and such for about 3 minutes and then it started raining on us. I have always wanted to plant some type of bush or tree so I looked at some azalea bushes. I just don’t have a green thumb… so this is something I think about a lot rather than go through with…
We also went to Big Lots and I got a canvas so I can make a bow holder for Sweet Pea. They are all piled in a little basket right now. She needs some stuff to hang on her wall anyway and I thought it was a cute idea. I’ll post pictures when I make it.
And today our plan was to get up and go to the early 8:30 service at church. I set two alarms on my phone last night because I knew we were losing and hour of sleep and I always go to bed late anyway… Well… before Sweet Pea was born, I could sleep through anything! And I mean ANYTHING! I lived in an apartment next to a train track (you could literally throw a rock and hit the track from my front door) for a year and never once woke up when it came through. But ever since Sweet Pea was born, I’ve been a really light sleeper. So anyway… I apparently turned off BOTH alarms this morning and have absolutely no recollection of doing it. Sweet Pea even slept later than usual so… Mr. Right came and woke us up at about 15 til 10… I was so mad that I overslept. And I was even more mad when I realized that it was too late to make it to the 11 o’clock service. I was a little frustrated about that.
And to make things worse… I got on the computer not long after I woke up. I pulled up our browser and noticed that the computer had already been logged on…Facebook Treasure Madness (or whatever it is that my husband is addicted to) was pulled up… So I say to him, “So, you’ve been up for a while??” He says, “Yeah…” Me say, “Why didn’t you wake us up?!” He say, “I don’t know….” Me say, “So we COULD HAVE made it to the 11 o’clock service, right?!” He say, “Yeah probably.” Me say again, “Well why didn’t you wake us up?!?!?!?!” And he kind of smiled and shrugged his shoulders….. I was really frustrated then. I told him that he was not a good criminal. He leaves evidence behind. Haha! Oh well… there’s always next week.
Anyway… That’s all… That’s what our weekend was like.
And I’m going to leave you with a picture of my sweet baby!
Oh, I made a new button on the top left side! If you want it, go grab it!
Have a great week!


















LOVE the dress! I adore smocked dresses and I even took a smocking class one time. It is a lot of work involved and unfortunately I never picked it back up after the class. Once you see what you can buy them for on eBay you realize it is not worth all the work. Ha! Can't wait to see your cutie all dressed up for Easter!
ReplyDeleteLove the dress! Just perfect for Easter! We're headed to T-Town in a few weeks (hopefully)!!
ReplyDelete