I’m sure you’ve all seen these Child Safety Harness backpack looking things…
Here’s a little story…
I was in T-town last night and I went to Target to get a workout video. As I’m walking in the store I see a hysterical woman at the front yelling her child’s name. She kept saying, “How could this happen?! How could this happen?!” The manager dude was going over his walkie talkie telling the other employees what to be on the look out for.
My thoughts were… I felt sorry for this mother because she couldn’t find her child. I was worried that the child had gotten snatched up by someone. I wanted to help find the child. But then I started thinking… What if I were in her situation… How would I react…? What would I do…? I started tearing up just thinking about it. (It seems that I tear up or cry over everything now-a-days….)
At that point, someone announced for everyone to be on the look out for…and they gave her name, her stats, and what she was wearing. So I started walking to the back of the store to get my video…looking down the isles and under the clothes racks as I was going back there. I immediately thought that she might be in the clothing hiding under the racks. That’s just what kids like to do, right?! So, I get to the back and I’m getting my video and an employee walks by and I hear on his walkie talkie that they have found the girl and it sounded like they said she was in the women’s clothing.
So, I go to the front to check out. My conversation with the cashier went something like this…
Me: Where did they find the girl.
Cashier: Over by the dressing room under the racks in the women’s clothing.
Me: That’s what I figured. Kids like to get under those clothing racks! I’m a believer in using those safety harnesses!!
Cashier: Oh, you mean the leash!!
Me: Yeah, the leash……
Anyway….. Call it whatever you want… I don’t care. My child will be wearing one. My MIL has already bought Sweet Pea one for when we go on our family trip to the mountains this summer.
Some people think they are “wrong” because it’s as if you are treating your child like a dog.
I mean…if you think about it. You train a dog to act the way you want it to. And you raise your children to act a certain way….. But I don’t look at using those safety harnesses as “treating them like dogs”.
I look at it like this… If you have your child on a safety harness, they are less likely to get kidnapped while being out in big crowded areas. They are less likely to get away from you in a store and get under the racks so then you think someone has kidnapped them. And having them wear a safety harness will teach them that they are not suppose to run off from you in public.
I know everyone has their own opinion on this subject… That’s mine!!
This is totally off the subject of that… But I chose the Biggest Loser Cardio Max video (even thought I don’t watch the show…). I am going to give it a try tonight. I hope it is effective!
Hope you all have a great week!


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)