Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I’m bored…

I know….  How can I be bored when I have a soon-to-be 11 month old running around??  Well, she is almost running!  I don’t know…  I just am...  I haven't blogged about our "real life" stuff lately...  I try not to blog about our "real life" stuff on the days I do blog hops, so....  Anyway... 

I'm just bored today so I thought I would blog........ 

It's rainy and that's cool because I LOVE the rain!  I love watching it and listening to it.  I just don't like having to get out in it.  So, it's a good thing we have no where to go today. 

Ok...now for some random thoughts...because I'm bored....

First...  I thought I had Sweet Pea Ferberized....  She was for a little while...and it was SOOOO nice!!!  I could give her a bottle at night and put her in her crib and read a book and turn the light out and walk away.  She might fuss a little, but she would be out in just a few minutes!!  And if she woke up at any point, I could just pop the paci in her mouth, lay her back down, and she would be out again!  SOOOO NICE!!!!  But I guess she has decided that she doesn't like being Ferberized!  She has been sleeping with me.....again.......because she would let me rock her to sleep (which I love!) and then after I lay her down, she wakes up 5 minutes later and will. not. go. back. to. sleep. unless she is in my bed.  So....she's sleeping with me again.  And it's not too bad.  Except for the fact that she flip flops around in the bed with me like she does in her crib!  Haha!  I woke up with her foot on my shoulder and I know she smacked me in the head at one point.  It's ok though because she is a good cuddle buddy! 

I put a dress on Sweet Pea this morning that is sized 3-6 months.  She wore it last summer a few times and it swallowed her!  Haha.  She is almost 11 months old and it fits her perfectly now.  I didn't try the bloomers on since we are not going anywhere and it's one less thing I have to take off when changing her diaper, but I'm sure they will probably be too small...  Oh well.  It's cute and she can wear it around the house.  I just wonder who sizes baby clothes because they are all out of whack sometimes.....

I'm excited about next Friday!  My MIL and I are going to a UA Gymnastics meet!  I have wanted to go to a meet for years, but I just never took the time to look up the tickets and buy any.  Well, she mentioned wanting to go to one the other day, and it just so happens that they have ONE more home meet this season!  So I got online and we got tickets!  So excited!  I love gymnastics!  I used to take it when I was little and I stopped taking right before I learned how to do the back handsprings....UGH!  SO mad about that!  But it was for a good reason.  My mom decided to go back to school to become a nurse and my sister and I had to quit taking dance and gymnastics because we didn't have a way to and from class.  My mom was going to school in Thomasville, AL and we took gym and dance in Meridian, MS.  So...you can see how that wasn't going to work out.  But I'm glad my mom went to school and became a nurse. 

I'm also excited about the weekend after that!  We are going to visit my sister and her kiddos on the MS gulf coast!  My youngest niece, Emily, is having her birthday party.  She will be 7 years old tomorrow!  Whoa!  That makes me feel soooo old!  Haha!  Anyway... I'm excited to go visit again because the last time we went down there was at Thanksgiving! 

[I thought this was a cute picture because she had just woke up from her nap and she kept peeking her head around to look at me.]

SDC12739

[These pictures crack me up!  It was above 70 degrees the other day, so I took her out to play in the yard.  Maw Maw came out of the house and as soon as Sweet Pea heard her voice, she started crawling as fast as she could to get to her!  It was hilarious!  The funniest part was the way she was crawling.  She was doing this bear crawl thing…  Not on her knees because the dead grass obviously didn’t feel good on her knees, so she was crawling on her hands and feet.  TOO funny!  I wish I had gone and got the video camera.  I will be sure to grab it next time we go outside!!]

IMG_1384

IMG_1385

[Sweet Pea and Paw Paw]

IMG_1387 

Oh, I’m kind of hating our new laptop…  Yeah….already?!  The mouse is a pain in my butt!  It does what it wants to half the time and it is always messing up everything!  I guess that’s what I get for buying cheap!  Haha.  Oh well…

Ok, I guess I’m done being bored…

2 comments:

  1. I totally have been wanting to go to UA's gymnastics meet!!!! A few months ago I told Michael that he needed to take me, but yeah that never happened!

    Maybe if I tell him that you and Debra are going, and how jealous I am of that he will give in and take me....it's cheaper than going to the movies for Pete's sake!!!!!

    P.S. Sweet pea is getting too big!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the one side of the pack and play down? Or is is shaped like that? It's hard to tell in the pic with the blanket over the top.

    Those pics of her crawling are sooo cute! You should try those leg warmer things. You bunch them up around the knee and they are like little knee pads. They worked awesome for my son.

    What kind of laptop did you get?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)