Monday, March 8, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday!




I loooooove picking out baby names!  And.... I'm a baby name stealer!  I admit it...  I'll also admit that I have an ongoing list in my phone that I always add names to.  If I see (on a blog) or hear a name I like, I will add it to the list so I will have a good selection when it comes time for baby number 2.  So... picking 2 names is going to be really hard!!!  I might just bend the rules a little and use more than 2...  

Oh... I also like movie and book names..... 

Girl Names:

  1.  Sidda (from The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood)

  2.  Brigitta (from The Sound of Music)

Boy Names:

  1.  Raine

  2.  Ramey (from a Nora Roberts book...I think...)

Boy OR Girl Names:

  Kellen/Kellan, Saige/Sage, Mabry, Blain(e), Arley/Arlee/Arleigh

I guess that is enough....  Haha.  As you can see, I like "different" names with "different" spellings.  

Sweet Pea's name is a little different.  It is a family name that we changed up a bit.  Vivi.anne Gr.ace is her name.  Vivian is a name used on both sides of our family and Anne is used on my side, so we combined them and made it her own.  We changed the spelling and pronunciation and made it "different".  I love her name.  We call her Gr.ace.  And at the time, I didn't know many people with children named Gr.ace.  But...of course.... after she was born, it seems like there were Gr.ace's coming out of the woodwork!!!  I probably know of at least 15 people with babies/children named Gr.ace!  It makes me want to change her name!  Haha!  I just don't want her to be one of 10 (or more) kids in her class that has the same name!  

Oh well......  I still love it...  

11 comments:

  1. i love how you came up with Sweet Pea's name - so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your names! They are unique and pretty. I am a big baby name fan too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Sweet Pea's name. I love Kellan. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name Blaine.!
    Love your choices

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am obbsessed with baby names! I ask Jeffrey at least five times a day, "Do you like the name....?" And his answer is usually, "NO!" Kellen is one of my ALL-TIME favorite names. When/if we have a boy we like Kellan, Payne, and Tate. Our next girl will have the same initials as Libbi so I can reuse some of her monogrammed items - ha! I love Lexi, Laney, and Larsen....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love your list of names! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grace is a beautiful name. I love Blaine too! Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Hope you have a great week!

    Bon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do the same thing :) I have a list of baby names I keep. But I hide them from the rest of the world so that I may some day use them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Sweet Pea's name and Kellan is a favorite of mine too!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)