Saturday, July 3, 2010

Mommy and Daughter day out!

This morning I had the urge to get out of the house and shop…  Totally impulsive, but it was for something I needed.  Scrubs…  I’m kind of obsessed with looking for scrubs right now.

SDC14171
[She’s got her shades on and she’s ready to go!]

As of right now, I have 5 1/2 pair of scrubs.  Navy blue, royal blue, hot pink, black, and brown… and a printed top that will go with black or pink pants (that is the 1/2 part).  And as of January 1st, I will not be able to wear 3 of my 5 scrubs (navy blue, royal blue, or brown) because the hospital I work at is going to change some things with the dress code.  RN’s, LPN’s, PCA’s, and some other “titles” will be wearing specific colors.  The laboratory is not participating with the new dress code thingy, so we can pretty much wear any kind of scrubs we want…. except the colors that are assigned to those “titles”. 

IMG_2276

So…… I am on the hunt for scrubs.  And let me just say…  I am at the point of disgust.  I don’t care how comfortable scrubs may look…. they are not comfortable!!!!!!!  They are also not flattering at all.  And I am already a heavy set girl, so I want to find something that isn’t going to make me look like I’m wearing a very colorful potato sack.

IMG_2277

I have pretty much tried on every brand… and style of scrubs ever made!  And the most comfortable thing I have found are the Cherokee Flexibles.  The pants have an elastic waistband and the tops have this stretchy material down the sides of them.  They are pretty comfortable.  So, I am going to try to order some off the internet since I know how they fit me and I know what size to buy.

IMG_2280

Oh yeah…  Another change with the dress code is that the phlebotomists have to wear a white lab coat starting August 1st.  So, I was also on the hunt for that too.  I’m dreading wearing it too because when I am doing morning run (going around to patient rooms drawing blood starting at 3:00 AM), I am sweating like crazy!  So, having long sleeves on while doing that is going to make it even worse!  Those patient rooms are so hot sometimes and I just can’t take it.  It’s going to be fun…… NOT!

IMG_2283
[She loooooves lemonade!!]

Anyway.  So, Sweet Pea and I set out this morning at 10:00 with the intention of being home by 5:00 so we could spend time with Mr. Right before he went to work.  Umm…. we got home at 10:00 PM!

IMG_2289

We drove up to Gardendale to a scrub store (since the one in our town was closed today), and I have picked up on the fact that she just doesn’t like to shop.  Umm….. is she my child??????  She was ok for a little while… and then she started getting really fussy!!  I know she just wanted out of her stroller, but I was not about to let her run around the store.  So, I grabbed a few different types of scrubs and went in the dressing room.  I let her play with my phone while I tried on scrubs.  That lasted for about 2 seconds….  Then I let her out of the stroller in the dressing room.  She was trying to push the door open (it didn’t have a lock on it).  And then she was trying to climb back in her stroller (because she is a monkey) and she fell and whacked her head against the wall.  I’m seriously surprised she didn’t put a hole in the wall… she hit it that hard.  So.. I was ready to pull my hair out.  I wasn’t happy with those scrubs so I got dressed again, put her in her stroller, and went to look for some other styles.  She had my phone, and the next thing I know… it’s gone.  I also noticed that she lost her paci and her bow.  So, I had to search the store for my phone, her bow, and her paci.  I found all of them and put all of them up!!!!  I tried on a few more scrubs and she was getting fussier (is that a word?!) by the minute.  It was lunch time… so I hurried things up because I needed to feed her.  I checked out buying only one pair of scrubs and another top that will go with my black pants.  All that for 1 1/2 pair of scrubs…  *sigh*

IMG_2291

We leave the store and I notice the paci is gone again (I had given it back to her because she was getting really loud).  I loaded up the stroller and ran back in the store to find her paci…  She had thrown it down while I was checking out.

We drove down the road to Chick-fil-A.  YUM!  She loves the “christian chicken” place… and so does Mommy!  :-)  There was a good bit of kids there today and she just kept watching them run around.  We happened to be sitting next to the door that lead to the play area.  Too bad she is too small to go play with them.  I know it won’t be long though…

IMG_2295

We left there and headed to Tuscaloosa.  We went to visit Maranda.  I haven’t been to her house since she moved, so I finally got to see where she lives now and I got to see Charli’s precious bedroom.  And I totally forgot to take pictures of it!!!  Crap!  Oh well… I’m sure I will be there more in the future!  Sweet Pea had a great time there.  She had fun pushing around this toy stroller and baby.  It was too cute. 

IMG_2296
[She dropped it… I was sure she was trying to kill them!  Ha!  I’m just glad she didn’t try to eat them…]

While we were there, I noticed there were some little baby turtles on the table.  I just had to show them to Sweet Pea to see how she would react.  It was so funny!!  She just grabbed it and when it started moving, she dropped it and shook her hands like it was yucky or something.  HAHA!  And after the fact, Maranda and Erica (Maranda’s friend from college) tell me that turtles can carry salmonella.  Needless to say… I stripped my child down and she got a bath!!!!  I scrubbed my arms and used clorox wipes on my phone (since I was using it to take pictures of her while she was playing with them).  So… if you have small children… don’t buy them a turtle for a pet!  (Sidenote:  The turtles belong to Maranda’s roommate, Tiffany and her two little girls.  Tiffany was the one showing us the turtles.)

IMG_2297

Anywho… 5:00PM rolled around and we were still at Maranda’s.  So, we all went to Wal-Mart and then to get something to eat.  Let me just say… I am tempted to never take Sweet Pea out to eat ever again.  I tried sitting her in a booster seat instead of a high chair because I hate her sitting out in the middle of an isle and being in the way of people and servers walking around.  I also don’t want servers to accidentally drop a whole tray of food on my child…  So, she has sat in booster seats before and did just fine.  But tonight, she just wasn’t having it.  She was so squirmy and didn’t want to sit down.  So, I told the server to bring me a high chair because I just couldn’t handle her anymore.  While I was waiting on the high chair, she was trying her hardest to get down and away from me.  I was sweating trying to fight with her to keep her still.  She did better after she got in the high chair.  But she let out a few screams and squeals while we were there.

IMG_2298
[Aren’t they so cute!  I was seriously thinking about getting her a turtle until I learned about the salmonella…]

We left there and went to the mall so I could look at the scrub store there.  She pretty much start fussing as soon as we walked in the store.  So, I got to try on a few things there and then we left.  It was almost 9:00 at that point.  I called Mr. Right to see if he made it to town yet (for work) and I met him for a few minutes.  Sweet Pea had passed out by then.  She slept the whole way home.  I changed her into her pj’s and gave her a bottle.  She fell asleep in my arms when I gave her the paci so I rocked her for a few minutes.  I don’t get to do that very often now because she just doesn’t want to be still.  So… I took advantage of her already being asleep.  It was so nice.  I miss being able to rock her to sleep all the time.  But I am also thankful that she will go to sleep on her own in her crib.

          IMG_2299
[Maranda was getting her practice in for Charli.  I loved her face in this picture.  Sweet Pea was splashing away in the tub!!  Haha!]

All in all… we had a very fun, yet tiring day.  I love spending time with my sweet girl, but she is such a hand full here lately!!  I wouldn’t change anything if I could!  I love my family!

Hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th!

(Oh… and I took the Disqus thing off and changed back to the original commenting thing because someone *ahem Maranda ahem* was complaining about not being able to comment on my blog…  Y’all… she is illiterate when it comes to certain things…  Bless her heart!  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much, it was not me. It was disqus. It kept freezing up and wouldn't let me message. And if I was illiterate, than I wouldn't be reading these blogs... Now would I??? Anywho, I love all of the pictures. Well, all but one! But at least it shows how dangerous it is to bathe your child! LOL! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)