Actually… I’m not very chipper this morning.
It’s 4:02AM as I type this. Today is my only off day before I start my rotation. And all I wanted to do was sleep late today… Well… That didn’t happen. Why, you ask?? Well, apparently yesterday morning when I turned my alarm off, I turned it right back on so it would go off again this morning. So… at 1:15AM my alarm when off and I had to go in the other room (because I slept in Sweet Pea’s room tonight) and turn it off. And then just as I get back to sleep good… my phone rings!! It’s my work calling me at 3:20AM. I missed the call because…. well… I was ASLEEP! So, I called them back and AS (her initials) answers and is like… “Hey, why aren’t you here?! Are you not working weekends?!” I said, “Not today… I was suppose to be off today and then I come back Sunday for my rotation…” AS says, “Ohhh… Well no one told me you were not working today!”
Geez Louise…. So… I’m up… and I can’t go back to sleep. Just peachy…
So, I thought I would blog since I haven’t blogged in a while. And the reason is…:
- I wake up at 1:15-1:30 AM to get ready to go to work.
- I work until 11:30AM (starting Sunday I will be working until 1:30PM).
- I come home and get something to eat and feed Sweet Pea, if she hasn’t already eaten over at Maw Maw’s.
- She and I go lay down together and take a nap. She has been sleeping any where from 3-4 hours in the afternoon with me. WOW! I was so shocked the first day she slept 4 hours! Maw Maw and Paw Paw must be wearing her out over there!!
- We get up and play for a little bit and I cook supper (or heat something up… I’ve been so tired lately!).
- I spend the evening with Mr. Right and Sweet Pea… playing, watching tv… just some good ol' family time!
- When Mr. Right leaves for work at 8:00PM, Sweet Pea and I are getting ready to get in bed.
- She is asleep by 8:30 most nights, and I go to sleep after Mr. Right calls to let me know he made it to work around 9ish.
And then I do it all over again… So, I don’t even get on the computer really, unless I just need to look something up. I don’t have a lot of time to spend with my family now that I’m working. So, that’s why y’all haven’t heard from me in a while.
Hopefully that will change soon though. Now that I am done training (working M-F), I will have more time at home.
I will have my first 7 days off starting Wednesday. I’m sooooo excited!!! I think I’m going to like working 7 on 7 off. What I’m not going to like is having to work 10 hour shifts though… But oh well.
Oh, and I got my first pay check yesterday, and I was ready to do my happy dance!! The last time I got a pay check of my own was December 2008. That’s when I quit working so we could move up here and then I had Sweet Pea a few months later.
It felt so good to bring home some money. For the longest time, I have felt like I wasn’t “doing my part”. But everyone (Mr. Right and other family) always reassured me that I was. (I love my family so much.)
Now, don’t get me wrong… I still wish I could be a SAHM and be with my baby girl all day, but this is good for both of us. She is having a blast staying with Maw Maw and Paw Paw. And it’s nice for me to be around other adults. But I still get to be a SAHM for 7 days and then a phlebotomist for 7 days. So, it works out for us. :-)
Maybe sometime this next week I can get some pictures uploaded. Maw Maw has been taking pictures of Sweet Pea playing over there while I have been at work. So, I’m going to get her card and save them to my computer in the next week.
I hope everyone else is doing well! I haven’t had time to blog stalk or FB stalk lately, but hopefully I can get caught up soon.
Have a great weekend!


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)