Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A much needed break!!

Hello hello!!

Today is my first of 7 days off and I am soooooo happy about it, you just have no idea!!!!  I seriously needed a break!  Work is going good though.  I’m liking it alright…  But what I like most is being home with Sweet Pea and Mr. Right!  :-)

This morning, I woke up at 4:00 and I couldn’t go back to sleep.  I guess my body clock said it was time to be up.  So, I got up and had a snack and watched tv for about 30 minutes.  I went and got back in bed but I couldn’t go back to sleep good, so I pretty much tossed and turned until Sweet Pea woke up at 7:00.

After Mr. Right got home, we all went to town to get the oil changed in the truck and a quick trip to Wal-Mart.  I dread going to Wal-Mart these days because they are remodeling it and nothing is where it used to be.  So, it takes twice as long to shop there because you have to search for everything.  It’s such a headache!  Anyway…  We picked up my prescription for my happy pills.  (They are working out pretty well, by the way.)  I stocked up on throw-away bowls, plates, forks, spoons, and cups!!  If you saw my kitchen last week, you would understand why.  With both of us working now (and working the crazy shifts we do), neither of us have time or the energy to wash dishes.  And I have to go to bed when Sweet Pea does, so I can’t wash them after she lays down like I used to.  Sooooo…… hopefully the kitchen won’t get that bad again.

Anyway…  Mr. Right is in bed and Sweet Pea and I are just hanging around the house.  I plan on getting the shower scrubbed at some point today and some other stuff cleaned up around here.  Sweet Pea is in desperate need of a pedicure, so I’m going to paint her toes at some point also.  Haha! 

Oh… Here’s something funny (and gross)…  After we got back from Wal-Mart, Sweet Pea had pooped.  So, I took her in the bedroom to change her diaper.  I pulled it off and sat it to the side while I was wiping her.  She grabbed the diaper and started slinging it back and forth.  Little poop balls were all over the bed (yes, they were little hard poop balls!  There was like 15 of them!!  I guess she was constipated a little.)  I screamed at the top of my lungs and Mr. Right came running in there.  Some how, none of us got poop on us.  But it was hilarious.  Mr. Right cleaned the poop up and of course, I stripped the bed and put the sheets in the washer (I was already planning on washing sheets today anyway…)  I’ll be sure to keep the diaper out of arms reach from now on!

And in other news…  I know I mentioned on FB, but I can’t remember if I mentioned it on the blog…  Sweet Pea has learned to climb on the couch.  She has fallen a few times (no injuries, thank goodness!)…  So we have been trying to teach her how to get off the couch the right way.  I noticed a few minutes ago that she was on her stomach scooting off the couch (feet first), so maybe she is learning!!  :-)  It’s so funny… She will climb up on the couch and grab the remote and point it at the tv.  Smart girl!  Haha!

She has her 6th tooth that is trying to come in.  It is on the top.  She still has only two on bottom and three on top, so far.  That 6th tooth will be in soon though.  I can just barely see it.

Today, Sweet Pea is 15 months old!!!  I haven’t had a chance to write a post yet, but hopefully I will get to that this week while I’m off work.  I’ll try to snap a few pictures of her this evening after she gets up from her nap.  She is a little fussy right now, so we will wait til later.

Mine and Mr. Right’s 2nd wedding anniversary is one month from today!  It’s hard to believe that it’s been almost 2 years since I married the most wonderful man on earth!  I’m so lucky!!

Anyway… I guess that is all the updates I can think of for now…  I’ll get back with y’all soon!  Gotta get back to cleaning!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the poop ball heads up! Glad you didn't get hit with one of her pellets! LOL! It feels like yesterday when you kids got married! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)