Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Maranda’s Baby Shower!

Here are a few (haha!) pictures from the baby shower weekend.

These first few pictures are from Friday afternoon when Sarah and I had to get the room set up how we wanted it and search the whole church to find table cloths…  Maranda babysat Sweet Pea in the nursery while we took care of business.  She needed some practice!  Ha!

SDC13716

SDC13732

SDC13738

SDC13742

Maranda and I were goofing off at Motherhood Maternity while waiting to check out.  I have a fake belly and I look twice as big as she is…  Oh… I finally got a swimsuit.  I bought it at Motherhood because it was the most comfortable thing I could find.

IMG_2130

These pictures are from Saturday at the shower.  I love the fresh hydrangeas!!!  They came out of Sarah’s grandmothers yard.  So pretty!

SDC13744

All of the food wasn’t out on the table yet… but you get the idea…

SDC13746

The diaper cake I made.  Not too bad for my first one!  And it was super easy!!

SDC13751

Yummy (and cute) cupcakes!

SDC13752

These are the mints (?) I made…  I used almond bark and peppermint extract.  And food coloring… of course.  They weren’t that great… but they were cute!  The molds I used were baby carriages and booties.

SDC13754

Everyone just loved Sweet Pea!!  Maranda had to get in her feeding practice while I helped get some food set up.

SDC13755

My mommy!

SDC13758

Yay!  Gifts!

SDC13762

This little girl in the blue dress didn’t like Sweet Pea at all.  Sweet Pea was being very social and trying to make friends with her at one point.  But the little girl ran over to her mom every time Sweet Pea came close to her and shot her the stink face!!  It was soooo funny!

SDC13765

Here’s the stink face!  Haha!

IMG_2132

We were trying to tell them to give each other a bye hug, and they got really close, but then Isabella would run to her mom!  Haha!

IMG_2136

IMG_2137 

Then it was time for gifts!!

SDC13772

SDC13773

Sweet Pea was wanting to help.

SDC13777

SDC13786

SDC13795

SDC13797

SDC13798

SDC13799

SDC13800

SDC13801

SDC13802

Sweet Pea was trying to make friends with Tiffany’s daughters, but the youngest was afraid of her????  Ok…..  She was a year or two older than Sweet Pea!  Haha!

SDC13803

SDC13804

SDC13805

SDC13807

These are some of the bows I made for Charli.  Maranda had to try them out.  Haha!

SDC13811

SDC13812

And a few of the bibs I made her.

SDC13813

SDC13814

SDC13816

SDC13820

SDC13825

SDC13827

SDC13828

SDC13833

Sweet Pea was completely worn out after playing and running around all during the shower.  I couldn’t keep her shoes on her, so she ran around barefoot…  She has nasty feet!  I made sure to wipe them off.  I don’t like nasty feet.

IMG_2139

I literally can’t turn my back on Maranda when she is around my child.  Because this (see below) is what happens…  We went to All Fired Up after the shower.  And she paints my child’s face while I have my back turned.  Oh!  And Friday, she was giving her Diet Coke!!!!  What the crap?!  I was ticked off to say the least!!  I told her not to give it to her, and as soon as I looked back over there, she was giving her more!  UGH!!!  Poor Charli hasn’t got a chance and she hasn’t even made it in this world yet!!

IMG_2142

Sweet Pea was getting in to everything at All Fired Up.  It is a studio where you can go and paint acrylics and they fire them and they come out all shiny!  Anyway…  She kept trying to get stuff of the shelf and I didn’t want her breaking stuff, so the nice lady that worked there got her some paper to color on.  She didn’t really color…. but she liked pulling out the crayons.

IMG_2144

This is what I painted for her room.  She helped me!

IMG_2149

Me, Erica (Maranda’s friend from college), Maranda, Sarah, and Sweet Pea!  Oh, and baby Charli in the womb!

IMG_2150 

IMG_2151

The shower turned out great!  We had lots of fun and Charli got lots of goodies!!!  I can’t wait for her to get here!  Only 2 and a half months to go, Maranda!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)