Well people… I have a job. The kind that you get a pay check for (because we all know that being a SAHM IS a job!). I didn’t want to talk about it until I knew for sure, because the last time I spoke about a potential job, I ended up not getting it. So I didn’t want to jinx myself.
Anyway. I found out there was some positions open at the lab a few weeks ago, so I called the supervisor (we will call her GS) and told her that I saw the jobs online and wanted her to know that I was still interested in a job if they had a place for me. She said she would keep me in mind.
A week or two went by and I just figured they probably picked someone else for the job… like before.
Well, GS called me on the 17th and asked me if I was still interested and wanted to make sure I hadn’t found anything anywhere else. Of course, I told her I was still unemployed and I WAS still interested. She said she had some paperwork to get done and she would be getting in touch with me in a few days.
Friday rolled around and I hadn’t heard from her yet. So I was getting a little antsy… It was Memorial Day weekend and I figured she might have taken a long weekend…? Who knows…. So, I told myself to be patient and wait a little longer. (I just know this was God teaching me patience!)
That next Wednesday, I still hadn’t heard anything yet, and I was getting a little frustrated…. so I decided to call her. She answered and it went like this…
GS: Laboratory, this is GS!
Me: Hey GS, this is CG. I hadn’t heard back from you yet, so I thought I would call and see if y’all made a decision about that job.
GS: Human Resources hasn’t called you yet???
Me: No…. I wasn’t aware they were going to be calling me….
GS: Yes, they are suppose to call you. I was hoping they would have got in touch with you by now…. We make our recommendations to them and then….. hold on. Let me call them real quick and I’ll call you back….
Me: Ok….
A few minutes later, she called me back and….
GS: Hey! They are waiting on admin to sign off on this position saying it is ok to hire someone for it. (Blah blah blah… Haha!)
Me: Oh ok! I see!
GS: HR will call you and then they will have you come in for a physical and then if all goes well….
Me: Ok so, if all goes well with the physical, I will have a job??
GS: Well, I can’t say for sure yet, but well… ya know….
Me: Ok! Sounds great!
So… anyway. I waited….. and waited…. AND waited…..
And yesterday, I finally got a call from HR saying that I was recommended for a job and blah blah blah… They wanted me to come in for the physical/drug screen…. blah blah…
I went in today for all of that. Everything went great! Passed the drug test (Duh!!) and the girl told me to take the paper over to HR saying that all was well.
I walked over to HR. Turned the paper in. The lady pulls out this huge file full of papers. Tells me that I need to fill out this, this and this and bring it to orientation on June 21st. And I looked at her and said, “So, does this mean I have a job?!” She said, “Yes, you have a job!” I said, “OK! No one has actually said that yet, and I just wanted to hear it!” Haha! She just laughed.
I walked out of the hospital and I called my mom as I was walking to my vehicle. I started tearing up because I am excited and sad.
I know that we NEED the money soooooo bad right now, but I’m sad because I always wanted to be a SAHM and I don’t want to leave my baby. I have been so blessed to be able to stay home with her for as long as I have. We have been struggling financially for the last year, and it’s time I go back to work and help provide for my family. I know it will do Sweet Pea some good too. She needs to learn that she doesn’t have to be around me 24/7. And it will give me a little sanity to get out and be around other adults. I know we will both be just fine. :-)
Anyway… I will be working 7 days on, and 7 days off. So… technically I will still be a SAHM… just not every day.… :-/
The last I heard, I will be working 3am-1:30pm. Which is not bad actually. I interviewed for this same job a few months ago but it was for the 10am-8:30pm shift. That would have been awful. I would have never seen my family for 7 days straight… But working the 3am shift I will be able to come home and take an afternoon nap with Sweet Pea, and then spend the afternoon and evening with her and Mr. Right. Then, I will just have to go to bed with her at her usual bedtime and sleep until 1:30am and get up to get ready for work. It might sound bad, but it’s not actually. This is almost the same schedule I worked when I did my clinicals. The shift is just two hours longer.
Oh, and if you are wondering who will be staying with Sweet Pea after I leave for work in the middle of the night, considering Mr. Right won’t be home until after 7am. As of right now, my dad is retiring and he will most likely be coming up here to stay with us on the weeks that I work. And possibly Maw Maw will stay with her some, if we need her to. So, she will be spoiled rotten well taken care of.
So, anyway… Thanks to those that prayed for us! And please say a little one for Sweet Pea and I as we make this change… :-)


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)