Having a newborn is a lot of work. JC requires a lot of attention. Sweet Pea was our only baby for more than 2 and a half years. So, naturally, she is a little jealous. I don’t want her to feel left out or unloved so I told Mr. Right that I wanted to take her to do something special, just the three of us, before I went back to work. I was expecting to go back at 6 weeks (which would be today, Monday the 23rd), so I was planning to do something this past weekend. (Side note: I decided to wait until 8 weeks because I just am not ready to leave my baby boy yet…)
So anyway. I heard that Beauty and the Beast was out in 3D through twitter and some of the blogs I read. Some of the blogs I read have children the same age as Sweet Pea, and I know they have taken their kids to movies before. So….. I decided that we would take her. I didn’t really know how it was going to go, considering she has never been to the movies before. She has seen bits and pieces of Beauty and the Beast at home so I knew she liked the movie. So, we gave it a whirl…
We dropped JC off with my MIL and off we went for our “Sweet Pea Day”. We had supper at Logan’s and then went to the movies.
When we got there, she was acting scared. I think the fact that it was a Saturday night, there were a lot of people there, and it was really loud in the lobby/concession area had her feeling a little uneasy about the situation. I wanted to get a picture of us and the big poster of the movie, but she didn’t want to. So, this is the best I could get (I just told Mr. Right to stand where I could have the poster in the picture). :-)
We bought our popcorn, drinks, and snacks… and she said she had to go potty. So, I ran her to the bathroom and she was whining the whole time. We get in there and she, of course, refuses to go. I made her get on the toilet and finally she went. I had to bribe her with gum. And then I bribed her again with gum to get her to go in the theater. I thought for a minute there that we were going to have to go home and not even watch the movie because of the way she was acting. But we had already bought the tickets, and we wouldn’t have been able to get our money back… so we were going to see that movie! Ha!
So, we get in the theater and she is starting to calm down. I spilled the WHOLE bag of popcorn in the floor (see below). We had not even taken one bite of it. I. was. so. mad… to say the least! UGH!
I mean, what’s a trip to the movies if you don’t spill popcorn everywhere, right?! :-/
She wouldn’t sit in her own chair at first, so here she is sitting with her daddy. Oh, and she didn’t want to wear the glasses either.
I finally talked her in to putting on her glasses. And yes, that is a paci in her mouth (go ahead, judge…). It saved the night.
Once the movie started, she did really well. She sat still and watched it AND kept her glasses on for the majority of it (I had to remind her to keep them on a time or two). She talked a little bit, but so did the grown up girls behind us! Not to mention, the girls behind us were reciting the movie. They finally stopped when I somewhat loudly said, “They are getting on my nerves!!!” I got a few kicks in the back after that, but at least I didn’t have to hear them singing with Belle.
After the movie was over, I snapped a picture of all of us with our 3D glasses on. She really enjoyed it and so did we.
When we were about to leave, I asked her if she wanted to take a picture by the poster, and she said yes! So, I did get my poster picture after all. :-)
I’m so proud of her for doing so well during the movie. I’m glad she had a good time. I look forward to more of our one-on-one time (or one-on-two time?)!!!! :-)


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)