Thursday, January 12, 2012

JC- One month old!

Baby boy is ONE MONTH OLD today!

SDC17444

(I promise, I didn’t shave the front of his head. :-)  He just lost his hair in that area… and ONLY that area.  How????  I don’t know!)

There isn’t really any stats to put down considering all he does is eat, poop, and sleep.  :-)  But I’ll see if I can think up a few.

  • He eats 4-5 oz every 3-4 hours.  He’s drinking only formula now.  He got breastmilk for the first 2 weeks.  But unfortunately, I don’t produce enough milk (yes, I was drinking water like crazy!) and he was getting mostly formula anyway.  So I stopped.  I didn’t really expect it to be any different this time since I couldn’t produce with Sweet Pea either.  I have major mommy guilt for just quitting this time.  But I promised myself I wouldn’t stress over it.  So… enough of that.  :-/
  • He’s still in newborn size diapers.  Not for long though…
  • He’s outgrown his newborn sleepers just in the past couple of days.  We are on to the 0-3 month sleepers.  His little feet were getting jammed in the feet of his newborns and he needed more length.

SDC17440  

  • He loves his bouncy seat.  I don’t know how or why.  It sounds like a jackhammer.  And it doesn’t even play music.  I’m probably going to buy a different one soon because the sound of the vibration drives me insane… even though it obviously puts him to sleep…  But he’s getting a different one soon.  End of story.  :-)
  • He’s been a pretty good sleeper.  At his two week mark, I asked his doctor if I still needed to be waking him up throughout the night for his feedings or just let him sleep and him wake me up when he’s hungry.  He said to let him sleep at night if he will.  So I do.  Last night, he slept 9 hours.  Of course, I didn’t sleep as much as he did because I tend to lay in the bed and pin away on Pintrest… but I did get a decent amount of sleep.  Thank you JC because Mommy needed it (got the flu bug right now.)
  • I have just recently started giving him a bath every night because I noticed it makes him sleep better.  I was doing it every other day.  But he seems to like baths and I like sleep… so it works for both of us.  Ha!
SDC17451

 

  • His umbilical cord fell off on Christmas night.  I just had a feeling it was going to.  It was hanging on by a thread when we went over to Maw Maw’s for our festivities.  I went to change his diaper and told my MIL that it would probably be unattached and just laying in his onesie… and I was right.  I guess it fell off from rubbing against his clothes.  Merry Christmas to me!  I was so ready for it to fall off because I hated giving him sponge baths.
  • He has been acting a little spoiled lately… always wanting to be held (no, I’m not complaining).  I was swaddling him for about a week and a half (maybe?) after we got home from the hospital.  But he didn’t seem to like it so I stopped.  But today, I tried to swaddle him again to see if it helped with him not wanting to be put down… and it did.  I guess he just needed that safe, secure feeling? 

SDC17452

  • He has been taking a paci here and there.  Sometimes he wants it… sometimes he doesn’t…  Honestly, I wish he wouldn’t.  I’m having trouble taking his sister’s paci away at 32 months old.  I don’t want to go through this again!  Ha!  But oh well.  If I have to, I have to… 
  • He is already following sounds.  I can shake a rattle in his face and move it slowly from one side to the other, and he will follow it the whole time.  Pretty cool I think… considering babycenter said they usually don’t start doing that yet.  ;-)

I guess that’s all I can think of right now… 

Jaxon Carter, you are such a blessing to us!  We want you to stay our baby forever (and you always will be), but we are so anxious to watch you grow.  We love you so much!

1 comment:

  1. Both of my babies lost their hair like that! And I am so jealous of your good sleeper. I dont think Sula will ever sleep through the night. She is getting better though!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)