Monday, January 23, 2012

More doctor’s appts and outings…

I must be a glutton for punishment because I took the kids by myself again two days after the first outing…  (But no shopping this time!)

Sweet Pea had a follow up appointment at my mom’s doctor’s office to check on her ears.  Thankfully, the medicine worked and her ears were much better.  :-)  She was pretty good while we were there and didn’t give me any problems. 

[Here is JC before we left that morning.  We got his V-day shirt in the mail and I am just tickled at how cute it is!]

IMG_2683

[Sweet Pea hanging out at the doctor’s office waiting…]

IMG_2685

[My mom checking her vitals.]

IMG_2687

After the doctor’s appointment, we met my sister for lunch.  She’s going to kill me for posting this picture, but I don’t care. :-)

IMG_2691

We had to haul booty back to T-town for my post partum appointment.  This is where the fun began…  It was getting to be time for JC to eat…  As we were pulling into the parking lot at my doctor’s office, he started crying.  By the time I got parked, he was screaming his little head off!!!  I jumped out and TRIED to give him his paci.  He was NOT having it.  It didn’t have what he wanted and he was just a screaming!  I mixed his bottle real quick, got Sweet Pea out of her seat, put her “baby leash” (or a better term, safety harness) on and we RAN into the hospital.  I didn’t have time to feed him before going in because I would have been late (and I didn’t want to have to reschedule).  So here I am running into the hospital dragging my toddler on a leash and my newborn wailing!!  I heard at least 10 “bless your heart”’s from people in the lobby, getting off the elevator, and signing in at the front desk.  I just kept my head down and tried not to make eye contact with anyone.  I’m sure everyone thought I was a horrible mother.  Oh well.

We sat down in the waiting room and I started feeding JC.  I was hoping to get him feed and satisfied before they called me back.  But nope…. no such luck.  The nurse called me back and he had about an ounce left in his bottle.  I started gathering up my things and the nurse came to help me.  Sweet Pea didn’t want to leave.  She was holding a magazine and was trying to hand it to another little girl.  The little girl was pretty much ignoring her.  I told Sweet Pea to come on like 5 times and finally I said bye and started walking off.  Sweet Pea threw the magazine at the girl’s feet and finally started walking with me.  Haha!  It was funny.  Hey… at least she was trying to share!  ;-)

We got to the back and JC was still a little hungry or gassy… I don’t know which…  He was crying while I was trying to pee in a cup.  Sweet Pea was trying to open the door while I was on the toilet.  And I was about to scream.  Ha! 

We went to the nurses station and I sat JC down on the floor so I could get worked up.  While the nurse was asking me some questions, I heard another nurse say, “Look, how sweet!  She’s feeding him!”  I look over and Sweet Pea had got the bottle out of the diaper bag and was feeding JC.  (See below!)  It was the sweetest, cutest thing.  I told the nurses that I just had to take a picture because she has never done that before.

IMG_2696

So anyway, we got put in a room and Sweet Pea pretty much drove me crazy.  She wouldn’t sit still or be quiet.  She had to put on a dance show for me (see below).  When Dr. E came in, I was in the middle of telling her to sit down and be quiet.  He just looked at me and smiled (he’s used to it… she went to almost all my OB appointments).  I looked at him and said, “By the way, I want 5 more!”  He smiled and enthusiastically said, “Really?!”  I laughed and replied, “Umm… NO!”  ;-)

IMG_2699 

So, everything is good.  I can go back to work.  And I will be starting my birth control very soon.  :-)

Here are a few pictures I took that evening.  JC and Sweet Pea watching tv together.

IMG_2707

This picture is funny because he was getting her face!  Two seconds after I took the picture she was crying.  But he didn’t really hurt her.  I think his little fingernails might have scratched her…  Drama queen!

IMG_2709

They were really into that show!

IMG_2710

IMG_2711

And by the way, I told Mr. Right that I was never going anywhere with them by myself again.  :-)  Well… at least not for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)