Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Quick update on Baby boy…

Yesterday, I had a baby doctor appointment.  This is mostly just for my records…  But anywho…

I had my 1 hour glucose test.  Failed it by 12 points!!!!!  I was so sure I was going to pass it… but I didn’t.  I have to go back for a 3 hour test next Wednesday (because that is the next day I will be off…  I’m on my work week now).

The doctor said I gained too much weight this month.  I believe he said I gained 6 lbs!!!!  Wow….  Wasn’t expecting that either…  So, I’m at a total of 17 lbs.  He only wanted me to gain 15 lbs this WHOLE pregnancy.  Umm….. Ok!

He measured my belly…  I’m measuring at 28 weeks.  I’m only 24 1/2 weeks!!!  What the crap.  I just can’t win!!!!!!!! 

He is concerned about the size of the baby…  I remember him making the comment, “I’m afraid we are going to have a big baby!” 

Greeeeeaaaaatttt……

So, the only good thing I got out of that appointment is that the baby still has a heartbeat.  His heartbeat was in the 150’s…  (can’t remember the exact number considering I had glucose results, weight, and measurements all in my head too!!) 

I go back to see the doctor in 3 weeks, instead of 4 this time.  Not sure why…  I forgot to ask.  I think I was just too irritated and hungry at that point to care.  I just wanted out of that office and Chick-fil-a in my mouth (I was fasting from the glucose test…)

I’ll let y’all know how my 3 hour GTT goes next Wednesday.  Wish me luck… say a prayer… I really don’t want to have gestational diabetes!!!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you had a bad appt. I dont think I could handle a doctor who made weight comments. I would be very irritated. And with Colt I gained 50 lbs so I am sure your doctor would be all over me!!

    Sounds like you just missed the one hour test. I hope the three hour goes well! Bring a book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am blessed to have an awesome SIL who buys adorable outfits for her girls and then hands them down to Zoe. I have no idea where Zoe's little GameDay outfit came from, but Misty is from Tuscaloosa so made somewhere in town. SO exciting...Baby Boy!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)