Friday, August 19, 2011

Boy or girl…

Ok… I’m weak.

August 2nd, we had our detailed ultrasound.  If you know me in real life, you know that I have been hell bent on NOT finding out the gender of this baby.  BUT…  I made the stupid decision of taking an envelope with us to the ultrasound… and when the tech asked me if we wanted to know the gender, I said NO!… but I asked her if she could put it in the envelope and seal it up… just in case I wanted to know a few days from then… and I could just look. 

I should have never even asked her to do that!  I should have known that I couldn’t hold out.

The very next night, we decided to look in the envelope.

To justify… I was starting to freak out a little… thinking… “What if it IS a boy and we don’t know… and we won’t be prepared…”  We have absolutely nothing gender neutral (except the big stroller).  Everything else is pink… or purple.  Mostly pink.

So…  What is it?????  Boy or girl… (If you have me on facebook, you already know the answer…)

IMG_1233[1]

It’s a BOY!

Just what I thought!!  And I’m thrilled!!!  I’m really hoping this boy is going to be MY baby because Sweet Pea is such a “Daddy’s girl”.  Haha!

So anyway… the rest of the story.

We decided not to tell anyone that we looked.  I didn’t want people to think that I was weak.  Everyone was saying, “You won’t last a week!”  So… I was going to prove them all wrong….

Until… I got a text message from my mom pretty much saying that my stupid aunt has gone out and bought fabric for the baby a quilt.  The colors are girly and there are flowers, etc….  (She was so sure it was going to be a girl because of the “high heart rate”….)  *big sigh*  *shaking my head*

After a few choice words…  I told her to just tell her and I would tell everyone else.  I didn’t want my son to have some fruity looking girly quilt (even though I know it would have been a gorgeous quilt). 

So, now everyone knows.  I’m at ease now that I can start planning and buying for the baby.  Although, I am a little disappointed at myself for not being strong enough to hold out. 

I told Mr. Right that since we found out the gender this time… we have to have one more baby so I can at least go one full pregnancy without finding out!  Ha!  He’s not too thrilled about that because he’s afraid we will end up with twins…  He’s happy with two children.  I wouldn’t mind another one… or two!  But we will see…

And just for the record… We haven’t even come close to picking out a name.  I’m ready to pull my hair out over this subject.  We will decide on something… then a few days later, I will decide that it doesn’t sound right and I really don’t like it…. and then it’s back to square one… So… we will be lucky if we have something picked out before the baby gets here in December.  Ha! 

But I will say this…  when we DO pick out a name, I’m sticking to my guns on this one and NOT revealing the name until he is here!!!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats!!! Just for the record (since you decided to go ahead and find out) i will tell you that we will NEVER not find out again. it was not near as exciting as I thought it would be. maybe we were just weird, but it was just exciting to have a baby....there was not excitement in "it's a girl!" or "it's a boy!".... plus, i had convinced myself (and jeffrey - oops!) that this baby was a boy. of course, we are OVERJOYED that we have another sweet girl, but i still wish i would have found out all along.... just my two cents.
    and, i went back and forth on names, too! we had FINALLY decided on a girl name (just in case...since we were so sure the baby was a boy, we had a definite boy name) while we were in the hospital. then right after she was born, i said, "nope...can't do it. that's just not her name." it took us a few hours after she was here to decide on a FINAL name! :) when he gets here, you'll just know! :)
    (ps - i sent you an email about the potty training!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a boy!!! There is something sooo special about a mama/son relationship. Colt is all about mama!

    And I dont consider it weak at ALL for not finding out. I never understand how people don't find out!! I am just too much of a planner. There are so many expenses for a new baby, I like to stock up on anything gender specific before the baby gets here! But that's just me :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)