Monday, October 11, 2010

I need to vent…

…just for a few minutes…

I’m going to vent on a few topics…

First…  Food.  Who would’ve guessed?!  Ha! 
Sweet Pea drives me absolutely insane when it comes to meal time.  I seriously dread it.  She is the pickiest (is that even spelled right?) eater I’ve ever seen.  The child STILL eats 2nd and 3rd stage baby food veggies because sometimes that is ALL we can get her to eat.  Seriously.  And the few times we can get her to eat something new, she chews it up real good and then spits it out.  I’m thinking… “Well… it must have tasted good enough to chew it that long….  Why not go ahead and swallow it?!”  But no….  she spits her food out all. the. time.  And it drives me insane.  People tell me all the time, “She’ll eat when she gets hungry…”  Blah blah BLAH!  I’m so sick of hearing that.  I just don’t want to take her to the doctor next week for her check up and them tell me that she hasn’t gained anything in the past 3 months.  I know she is growing… it’s obvious.  She looks taller, she feels heavier…  She looks healthy.  I just don’t want them to pull out their stupid charts and start talking about percentages and crap…  I really just want to find a new pediatrician, but I don’t want to take the time to do it. 

Second…  Milk.  I guess this could have gone under the food category, but I feel like it deserves it’s own paragraph.
She likes milk just fine, but I feel like she doesn’t drink enough.  Again… people tell me, “if she gets thirsty enough, she’ll drink it…”  I know this!!!!  But I guess the doctors have me so freaked out with their charts and percentages that I obsess over her intake.  First of all, I’m not even going to lie.  I give her a bottle twice a day.  At nap time and at bed time.  Why?  Because it is such a struggle to get ANY liquid in her some days.  On the days that she doesn’t want to drink her milk, I try juice.  But she pretty much hates any kind of juice.  She always makes a sour face like it’s too tart or something, and then she doesn’t want anymore.  I just don’t want her to get dehydrated.  I guess it’s a good thing she likes to eat ice…….

And third…  Tantrums.
What exactly makes the two’s so terrible???  Because the one and half mark is getting kind of bad….
She is starting to throw tantrums and I am NOT liking it one bit!  Pretty much any time we tell her no or stop her from doing something that she doesn’t need to do, she starts stomping her feet, whining/crying, ect….  Oh and if we pick her up when she is throwing one of these fits, she starts kicking and bucking like a mule!!  It’s kind of funny, but it gets old very quickly.  Another thing…  She was doing really well with holding our hand and we walk somewhere, but now, she HATES to hold hands.  If I tell her to hold my hand while we walk to the car or over to Maw Maw’s, I’ll grab her hand and she just yanks it away and starts heading another direction.  And when I grab it again… she starts throwing one of her fits.  She’s little Miss Independent when it comes to some stuff. 

But anyway…  those are some things that are getting under my skin right now.  I guess it’s just part of having a kid…  I try not to complain on my blog much, especially about my child… because I’m so blessed and lucky to have a beautiful and healthy child.  But things aren’t always going to be like a fairytale… and I like to “keep it real”…  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. ok I know how you feel....basically I cant get elias to stop drinking at all....he wants milk and juice all the time I mean I bet he drinks at least 10 cups a day......he started his terrible twos at one.....he still has his moments but thankfully he is getting better. So hang in there....

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)