Well, it looks like we are finally going to make the ever so dreaded leap in to preschool/daycare…
And I am SCARED… and NERVOUS…. and FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!
I just might need some Valium the first day we drop her off! Ha!
I have already been crying this morning just reading through the packet. I never thought it would be this hard. But I guess when you are leaving your child with a stranger for most of the day… it can be a little nerve racking!!
Anyway…
So, why are we doing this??
Well…. I/we have made the decision for me to go to night shift at work. My shift will be from 8pm-6:30am. I know you all are probably thinking I’m crazy for going to night shift…. (everyone at work thinks the same thing!… but for other reasons) But I think it will be fine. Sweet Pea and I are already having to stay at Maw Maw’s house on my work days anyway… The only difference will be that I’m not going to be there half of the night like I am right now.
I’m kind of excited about going to night shift. I worked it at a previous job and I loved it. I’m hoping I will like this change.
On to the preschool info…
We’ve decided to send her 5 days a week to start out. I figured she will get used to it faster if she is going every day rather than going part time. And we can always drop her down to 2 or 3 days a week if we want to. They are open from 6:30a-6:00p. Mr. Right and I will both be sleeping during the day while she is at school, and we can pick her up in the afternoon when we wake up (probably around 3).
One thing that we really liked about this preschool is the fact that they have cameras. We can go online at any time of the day and pull up the site and see what’s going on in our child’s class. How cool is that?! I heard about this when I lived in Baltimore, MD a few years ago, and I thought it was the coolest thing! I’m thrilled to have found a school here that has them. Oh, and the site requires a password, so only the parents can see the cameras… not just anybody!
Mr. Right worked at a day care when he was in college. I was shocked when I found this out because you don’t really see a lot of men in that profession. But he loved it. He said he would feel comfortable sending Sweet Pea to this daycare, so I guess that’s it. I’m kind of glad he worked in a daycare because he knew what to expect and what to look for when we did our tour. So, having him approve of it makes me a little at ease about it.
But anyway…. We haven’t decided exactly what day we are going to start her. I assume it will be in the next week or two… We both want to be able to take her on her first day, so we might wait until the 17th… I’m not sure yet…
Please say a prayer for us!!! I hope she adjusts to this well and enjoys going. And I hope I adjust well and don’t have a breakdown every day! Ha!


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)