Sorry peeps… I’m in a funk. I have soooo much to blog about and SOOOOO many pictures to post, but I just don’t feel like it.
The past few days, I’ve been catching up on all of my shows I’ve missed over the past month. So, that’s where my time has been spent after Sweet Pea goes to sleep at night. I’m finally caught up on Grey’s Anatomy. I have one episode of Desperate Housewives to watch. And I have four episodes of Private Practice to watch. Then I will be caught up on the “important” shows. I like Brothers and Sisters, but I don’t have to watch it.
Anyway.
So, here’s a verbal update since I don’t feel like posting pictures right now.
My bathroom is a disaster. The shower had a crack in it from umpteen million years ago, and it had been plastered over. Well, somehow it started leaking again and there was water under the shower stall. Paw Paw and Mr. Right pulled the shower out and went and bought a new one. Well, this was over a week ago…. My bathroom is still a disaster. The shower is working properly, but it isn’t closed in yet. They didn’t want to close it in until they knew for sure it wasn’t leaking anymore. Well… it’s not leaking. Yay. But Paw Paw just told us that he is going to wait until NEXT Monday to close it in. Why?! Well… they went to the dentist this morning. Then when they were getting home, we were leaving so we could go get Mr. Right a hair cut and go to Wal-Mart. They also have revival tonight, so that’s why they can’t work on it tonight. And tomorrow, Paw Paw has to take a friend to the doctor, and at some point Mr. Right has to get some sleep before going to work. So…… I guess it is going to have to wait until next week. Ugh….
We got a dog.
I have been wanting one for years a while. I asked Mr. Right on Friday if I could get Sweet Pea a dog. He really doesn’t care if we have one, he just doesn’t want the house smelling like dog. Me neither. But if you take care of them and keep them clean and train them to use the bathroom outside, it shouldn’t be a problem. Right?! Anywho.
Sweet Pea and I went to my mom’s on Saturday to see the kids (my nieces and nephew) since they were there for the weekend. My mom has a miniature pomeranian named Precious. I have asked my mom before if I could have her, but she always says no. She always puts her in the back room because she says she stinks. Well, my sister was feeling sorry for her and saying that she needs to be loved on and etc…. I told her that I wanted Precious, but mom won’t let me have her. And the next thing I know, my mom is telling me to take her.
So, I brought her home that night.
Sweet Pea and Precious are getting along great. Precious is really the sweetest dog ever. She rarely barks. She doesn’t chew anything up. She just wants to be loved. And that’s what we are going to do…. as soon as she gets groomed tomorrow. :-) Her hair is so long right now and it’s a little matted up on her tail, so she is in desperate need of a grooming. I called and made an appointment before we even left my mom’s Saturday night. She is getting all of it shaved off. I will show before and after pictures.
I went to Christmas Village in Birmingham this past Friday. I got a really cute dress for Sweet Pea to wear in her pictures for our Christmas card. I will post pictures of that soon also.
I’ve been buying her some fall/winter clothes here and there and I’m so excited about the cold weather. I’ve got to go through her stuff from last year because I’m pretty sure she can still fit some of it.
I have never been a big fan of Christmas. Don’t take that the wrong way… I love Christmas for what it means… the birth of Christ. But I always dreaded it because of the gifts part. It always depressed me when someone would get me a gift, but I wasn’t able to give back because of money issues. In 2008, when I was pregnant with Sweet Pea, we had just moved up here and we were B-R-O-K-E. We had gone down to my mom’s to see the kids and spend Christmas morning with them. On our way back, I just broke down in tears because I was so depressed. I cried the whole way home (2+ hours!!!) and when we got home to spend Christmas with Mr. Right’s family, I stayed home and layed in bed crying while he went over to have Christmas with his family. I just couldn’t stop crying because I was depressed. Anyway, that’s why I always dread Christmas.
But this year, I’m actually looking forward to it. This is the first time in probably 9 or 10 years that I have been excited about Christmas. The main reason is because of Sweet Pea. Having a child does change EVERYTHING! Santa has already got her a couple of things and I… I mean… “he” has a few other things in mind to get her.
I’m getting giddy just thinking about it!! :-)
Anywho. I guess that’s all for now. I’ll be posting pictures soon…. when I get out of my funk. And it might be in overload mode when it happens…. :-/


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know you stopped by! :-)