Somehow, this year, Mr. Right was not drafted to work the parade. Yay! So, we decided to take Sweet Pea to her first homecoming parade for the Tide. She didn’t really know what to think of it. But when we went back to the truck to leave, she was saying – without being asked - “I got good time!” So, I guess she did have a good time! Success :-)
This is us before the parade started.
Sweet Pea was wanting to be held, instead of having her picture taken.
Again, she didn’t want to look at the camera, but how cute is she??
The parade started and she got to see Big Al (Alabama’s mascot).
The cheerleaders. She covered her eyes when they came by. I had to force her to look…
And her least favorite… The Million Dollar Band. The drums were the only thing playing when they came by us, and it was VERY loud. So, she hid her face in Daddy’s shoulder and held her ears. She didn’t like it at all!
I didn’t take pictures of everything in the parade… just what I thought was cool looking. And this is one of them. These people had the stadium made out of legos! It was pretty awesome, if you ask me. That had to take some time and patience to build.
This old man is riding a lawn mower under that helmet. He was turning circles in the street. It was funny.
Roll Tide!
A HUGE elephant. Not a real one, just a sculpture, I guess you could say.
A smart car with houndstooth paint job. I’ve actually seen this car around town before and taken a picture of it… Haha!
Daddy and Sweet Pea watching the parade.
TPD on their segway scooter thingys…
Auburn is our rival. On the back of this truck it there were two elephants pulling a tiger (Auburn’s mascot) back and forth. It was cute.
And that’s all. :-)
We had to take Mr. Right back to his car so he could get ready to work the game that evening.
Sweet Pea was jamming out to the radio while we were just killing time.
Back at the house, we walked over to Maw Maw’s to show her the little cheerleader. She didn’t mind posing and smiling this time.
Touchdown!
The girl can give some looks…… Don’t know where she gets it from. ;-)
She was telling Maw Maw all about the parade. She was showing her how she covered her ears because the band was too loud! Haha!
Future Alabama Cheerleader! :-)


















Too cute! I love Sweat Pea and her hilarious faces :) Her jamming out to the radio and the last pictures have got to be my fave! She's just too beautiful for words.
ReplyDeleteI remember the first (which happened to be the last) time I went to the parade... the law schools float had all the drunk law students on it. I remember Big Al and the band, but that is it.
And for some reason the comments aren't letting me comment under my usual google account.... but I figured you'd know who I am by the name I posted!
LOVE the pics! :) She's getting so big!!!
ReplyDeletePrecious!! LOVE her jam out session pics! She's just getting so big and cuter everyday!
ReplyDelete