How far along: 17 weeks and one day…
Size of baby: Weighs about as much as a turnip….
Total weight gain: I’m going to say about 7 lbs… maybe??? I had gained 3 lbs last Tuesday when I went to the doctor. But he said we would only count it as 1 since I had lost 2 at my visit before that… I think I’m doing ok so far… I’m expecting a growth spurt soon though. It’s just about time for one…
Maternity clothes: I haven’t bought any that I’ve kept… I went to look for a dress the other day. I bought one and a pair of pants, but I returned them both… I really hate shopping for myself. My scrubs are getting a little snug in the pants. The tops are still ok. But I’m sure that won’t be the case much longer…
Gender: Don’t know… and not going to find out! I could have found out the other day, but I stayed strong and said no! (More on that later….)
Movement: Nothing really solid yet. I sometimes think I feel something and when I put my hand on my belly, it’s really tight feeling in that spot… So, I’m sure it IS the baby. I just haven’t felt any strong jabs or kicks yet.
Sleep: It’s getting worse. It’s hard to get comfortable at night. When I do fall asleep, I don’t sleep very well… I’m thinking about buying one of those maternity pillows.
What I miss: Nothing that I can think of at the moment…
Cravings: Still craving sour stuff occasionally. The craving is not as bad as it once was though. I have been eating the pickles from the cafeteria at work every. single. day. that I am there. I lurve them!!!
Symptoms: Still nauseated. I have thrown up a couple of times in the past week. Yesterday at work was one of the times… Urine. Really gross urine. (I work in a lab at a hospital…) I had to run to the bathroom and literally throw up. Fun times…… I’m also experiencing some carpal tunnel syndrome lately. That’s not a good thing when you are holding a needle in someone’s arm and your hand starts getting tingly and numb….
Food aversions: Nothing that I can think of…
Milestones: Umm….. I can never think of any???????
So anyway…. We went to the baby doctor for a check up last Tuesday. The nurse was trying to find the heartbeat on the doppler thingy. After a few minutes of her digging that thing in my stomach, she says…
Nurse: “I’m having some trouble finding it…”
Me: “Yeah… You’re starting to freak me out a little!”
Nurse: “It’s probably just hiding…. We will do an ultrasound if I can’t find it.”
Me: “Ok………..”
Nurse: Digs even more for like another minute or two…
Nurse: “We’ll just do an ultrasound.”
She wiped the goop off my belly and left the room as quick as she could!! I sat up, started freaking out and crying. Mr. Right started tearing up… We were scared.
When I was pregnant with Sweet Pea, they never had any problems finding the heartbeat… so this was a first.
Shortly after that, the ultrasound tech came and got us and was able to find it with no problem. It was 149.
After she found the heartbeat, she said, “We can probably see what the baby is, if you want.” I blurted out before she could say anything else, “NO! I DON’T WANT TO KNOW!!”
She said “Ok, we won’t even look then.” Haha!
I’m supposed to have the detailed ultrasound at my next visit, so hopefully I can stay strong then too.
Hopefully we won’t have any more scares like that. Praying for a healthy baby!


















Yeah, I don't blame you for throwing up w/all the crap (or urine haha) you see at work. Hoping your symptoms ease up soon.
ReplyDeleteAndlove pics of the baby...sure there isn't 2? ahhaha
There is a nurse I work with that says she has gotten carpal tunnel each time she's gotten pregnant. She has to get someone else to draw her labs for her since she can't feel the veins or arteries. Hope it doesn't get that bad for you!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Mrs. Hicks- I think there are 2 babies camping out in there ;)
What a scare! So glad you got to see your little one. I dont know how you stay strong though. I always HAVE to know :)
ReplyDelete